Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Friday Feature:
Nekya Badd

Yea. You see the pic above? The face. The style. The legs. The COMPLETE LOOK. You're looking at one of the hottest models in the DC area. Nekya B, originally from Arlington, Virgina, throughout her hard work and dedication, has managed to create a brand for herself and also a MAJOR name in the modeling industry. From book covers, magazine articles, and numerous campaigns, Nekya shows to be on a high road to success.

Between her busy time, she set aside some time to answer a few questions. In this day and time, we tend to get the industry mixed up, with the amount of models, video vixens, and the others. I wanted to find out from the source and also give her a chance to give her opinion on a few topics.


Mac: First of all, I want to thank you for giving me the time for this interview. I just felt it was only right to learn more about the person behind the photos.

Nekya: Well, first let me say THANK YOU for choosing me to be featured.

M: No problem, the pleasure is all mine. The model industry is popping, as they say right now. I just wanted to ask you why did you decide to become a model?

N: It was something I always thought about so when the opportunity presented itself I took advantage of it.

M: I see good things about models but then I see alot of negative things about the way they are portrayed, do you think some just get a bad reputation, or does it depend on the model and the situation?

K: Yes but I believe they know what comes with it when they accept the gig and if they did evaluate and research, and are still okay with it, then they are willing to deal with what may come with it. However, I honestly think there is no such thing as models having a bad reputation. These days, nothing is considered “bad” because things are different and more acceptable. Maybe not by all but by enough.

M: In my industry, and by that I mean mostly hip hop, when I think of models, I think of video chicks! I know that's probably soo far from what being a model represents but what do you think the difference is between the two?

K: I think the hip hop industry has changed what “models” were initially supposed to represent and really have just disregarded the work many commercial/print/runway models put in to get where they are. I believe that video vixens have it too easy, and make it too easy.


Mac: I've had conversations with others in the industry and some have said that they take a different approach when working with models, as to working with someone in another field. As wrong as that sounds to me, why do you think some treat models different than any other professional women?

Nekya: I believe men respect perseverance and ability to achieve goals all across the board. BUT, sex sells and men are the biggest factor in that.

M: I can't disagree with you on that one! So what do you hope to achieve by pursuing this career?

K: This isn’t a career choice for me. It is something that I wanted to do, so I set out to do it. I feel like we should do what makes us happy. I have other full time career goals/choices that I am proud of. Modeling has just been another outlet for me to express myself and something that I did pursue and can say that I succeeded in.

Mac: Niice, ok, so if we're looking to stalk, I mean, find out more information about you. Where would we be able to look you up?

Nekya: My website is www.nekyathemodel.com and I am on twitter at @NekyaBadd and I can be contacted via twitter or email at nekyathemodel@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment